Linda Lowery is an award winning, New York Times Best-Selling author who has lived and traveled all over the world. Linda’s travels and experiences inspired her to write more than 60 children’s books, and her stories have been published by industry leaders such as Random House, Houghton Mifflin, Peachtree, and Lerner.
Over the years, Linda’s stories have personally touched the hearts and minds of millions of young readers across the globe, and as she moves into the next stage of her life and career, Linda’s embracing a new role as a teacher, mentor, and consultant.
Enroll in one of Linda’s Creative Writing Workshops!
To make a difference in your life and the lives of others, Linda is focused on guiding, enlightening, and coaching the next generation of emerging writers. In 2018, Linda is facilitating various creative writing workshops. These include the new Purple Crayon studio in Asheville, and the UNCA Great Smokies Writing Program. Linda will also be reading at Asheville’s Malaprops Bookstore with the WRITERS AT HOME SERIES with TOMMY HAYS, , 01/21/2018 – 3:00pm
Awards and Honors
- New York Times paperback best-seller list – Trick or Treat, It’s Halloween!
- Colorado Book Award finalist 2002 – Aunt Clara Brown
- Starred Reviews in School Library Journal, Horn Book, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus – various books
- New York Times “Recommended Read” – Twist with a Burger, Jitter With A Bug
- American Library Association, Notable Books of Year -Twist With A Burger, Jitter With A Bug
- Society of School Librarians, Honor Book Lists – various
- American Book Association, Best Children’s Books of the Year and Pick of the List – various
- Parents’ Magazine, Choice for Children Honor Books – Pablo Picasso
- Bank Street College, Best Books of the Year List – various
- International Society of School Librarians, 2007 Honor Book – Truth and Salsa
- Society for the Care of Children’s Health Gold Award 1995 – Laurie Tells